When it comes to disc production in high volumes, the Microboards MX Series is hard to beat in terms of speed, ease, quality, reliability, and cost. At a cost per disc of only about 11 cents for a typical full-coverage print and as low as 2 cents for light, text-only coverage, professionally finished CDs, DVDs, and Blu-ray Discs can be produced for a lot less than it would cost to outsource production. The same or better quality is achieved with a solution built on proven HP inkjet technology, including vibrant HP Vivera inks and the highest (4800 x 1200 dpi) resolution. And our fourth generation disc handling technology reduces vibrations during the printing process, so you're assured smooth, clean text and images on finished discs.
A 100-disc capacity and throughput of over 500 discs per week (MX-2) mean you can effortlessly produce discs in mass quantities. Simply set up your project and walk away; the MX Series, with Microboards' enhanced automation for reliable loading and unloading of discs, handles the rest.
The MX Series includes the MX-1 and MX-2 Disc Publishers, with one and two high-speed 24X DVD, 48X CD, 8X Blu-ray recorders, respectively, enables the recording or copying of virtually any disc format, including Dual Layer. Also included in the series is the autoprinter-only version, the PF-Pro High Volume Printer.
- PDF Spec Sheet: MX2-1000
- MX-1: 1 CD/DVD Combo Recorders; Blu-ray upgrade available
- MX-2: 2 CD/DVD Combo Recorders; Blu-ray upgrade available
- Disc Input: 100
- Typical Weekly Throughput: 250+ Discs
- Burn Speed: 24X DVD/48X CD/8X Blu-ray
- Ink Cartridges: Separate C, M, Y, and K
- Printing Technology: HP Thermal Inkjet
- Cost per Print: Between 11 and 18 cents (full-color, full-coverage)
- Print Resolution: 4800 dpi
- Recording Software: PrintWrite disc publishing software (PC and Mac) and VideoWrite (PC and Mac) copy-protected DVD authoring software
- Label Design Software: SureThing (PC); labels can be designed using any graphics software including Photoshop
- Compatible Operating Systems
- Windows 2000, Windows XP (32-bit OS only)
- Windows Vista, Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Mac 10.5.X, Mac 10.6 (Intel chip only)
- Minimum Processor:
- P4 3.0 GHz or higher
- Intel Processor only (Mac)
- Minimum RAM: 1 GB
- Hard Drives: 2 hard drives recommended (7200 RPM IDE or SATA)
- Connectivity: USB 2.0
- MX-1: 43 lbs.
- MX-2: 47 lbs.
- Dimensions: 9" H x 22" D x 22" W (14" H with input rods installed)
- Power Requirements
- 100~240 V
- 0.75-0.38A (MX-1), 0.91-0.46A (MX-2)
- 60/50 Hz
- 90W max (MX-1), 110W max (MX-2)